Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Graduate TA Handbook and Resources

A Handbook for Teaching Assistants and Teaching Fellows in Arts & Sciences

William & Mary Resources for Undergraduate Students

William & Mary has a lot of excellent resources for undergraduate students to enable and enrich their education. Here are some of the most common things you may need to refer your students to.

  • Student Accessibility Services
    A student requesting accommodations in the classroom must fill out an online form.
  • Dean of Students Office
    Provides support for Academic Enrichment, Care Support Services, Enrollment Support, Parent & Family Programs, and Community Values & Restorative Practices.
  • Reporting a Concern
    If a student is concerned about the wellbeing of a peer, they can submit an anonymous Care Report. Students can also report misconduct including hazing, sexual assault, and student conduct violations.
  • Tribe TutorZone
    ‚ÄčPaid one-on-one tutoring by trained, faculty-recommended peer tutors.
  • Writing Resources Center
    Located in Swem and staffed by undergraduate peer tutors. The History Department also has a discipline-specific writing center, the History Writing Resources Center.
  • William & Mary Libraries
    Point students toward research and citation guides, study rooms, equipment, and research librarians. Students can make one-on-one appointments with a research librarian. You can also schedule a session with a librarian specially tailored for your class.
  • McLeod Tyler Wellness Center
    An integrated approach to whole-student wellness, including the Counseling Center and the Health Center.
  • Academic Advising
    Students can use the Academic Advising office to help locate a faculty advisor and identify opportunities to advance academic goals.
  • Undergraduate Research
    For students interested in pursuing individual research. They can also contact the Charles Center for additional resources, including funding opportunities.
  • Reves Center
    For students interested in studying abroad, and for international students.