William and Mary's Committee on Sustainability is dedicated to:
- Promoting a culture of sustainability through the College community by engaging the powerful education, research and service traditions of the College.
- Promoting sustainable practices that recognize the need to manage human interactions with ecosystems to minimize impacts of use, conserve the regenerative capacity of the natural environment, and promote its ecological integrity.
- Serving as a faithful steward of the Student Green Fee through prudent management of those fees to maximize their impact on sustainability.
- Building an operational model that ensures the long-term future of the College's commitment to sustainability.
- Implementing and promoting the President's Policy on Sustainability through full engagement of faculty, students and staff.