Copies of each of the following books are available at Swem Library's Reference Desk and Circulation/Reserves Desk.
(Ref) BF76.7 .P83 2020
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed., 2020)
(Ref) BF76.7 .P83 2010
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed., 2010)
NOTE: Swem has received the corrected 2nd printing of the 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the APA.
If you have a 1st printing, here's a link to corrections, provided by APA:
(Ref) BF76.7 .P8312 2007
APA Style Guide to Electronic References (2007)
(Ref) PE1408 .H26 2009
A Pocket Style Manual by Diana Hacker (5th ed., 2009)
See updates linked in box above.
Compiled by College of William & Mary Reference Librarians
Sections and pages cited below are from:
PM = Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed., 2010)
ER = APA Style Guide to Electronic References (2007)
1. How do I indicate references for items retrieved electronically?
PM: Sections 6.31 and 7.01 through 7.11
ER: see the whole publication
2. What do I do if my document doesn’t have a date?
PM: Section 6.28. Also, look in the index under "Publication Date"
ER: page 23
3. How do I cite unpublished works, “in-press” or "preprint" articles ?
PM: Sections 7.09 (look in the index under “Unpublished work”)
ER: pages 8-9
4. How do I format a citation for an ERIC document?
PM: Section 7.03
5. How should I include a list of definitions in my dissertation?
PM: Perhaps in the Appendix....see Section 2.13