Publishers often ask authors to help promote their publications. This guide provides some suggestions as well as how W&M Libraries can help.
Suggested next steps:
1. Send title and publication information to your liaison so we can buy the book.
2. We can also showcase it on our library Website and social media; complete this quick questionnaire which we'll use to write a brief article
3. If you haven’t yet let University Communications know about your title, send them a note so they can highlight your work.
4. Want other libraries to buy your book? Make sure your publisher sends a copy to CHOICE, which is *the* main tool academic librarians use to purchase book titles.
5. Contact the W&M bookstore to see if they can highlight your book.
Johns Hopkins has a great guide on how authors can use social media to market their titles: https://pwb01mw.press.jhu.edu/books/social_media_marketing.html
American Library Association guide to marketing to libraries: https://libguides.ala.org/marketing-to-libraries
Georgetown Library guide to promoting your work: https://www.library.georgetown.edu/scholarly-communication/publishing-guide-promoting-your-work
Working on ways to get your scholarship published? See how W&M Libraries can help: https://libraries.wm.edu/services/author-services.