Copies of each of the following books are available at Swem Library's Reference Desk and Circulation/Reserves Desk.
(Ref) BF76.7 .P83 2010
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed., 2010)
NOTE: Swem has received the corrected 2nd printing of the 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the APA.
If you have a 1st printing, here's a link to corrections, provided by APA:
(Ref) BF76.7 .P8312 2007
APA Style Guide to Electronic References (2007)
(Ref) PE1408 .H26 2009
A Pocket Style Manual by Diana Hacker (5th ed., 2009)
See updates linked in box above.
Compiled by College of William & Mary Reference Librarians
Sections and pages cited below are from:
PM = Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed., 2010)
ER = APA Style Guide to Electronic References (2007)
1. How do I indicate references for items retrieved electronically?
PM: Sections 6.31 and 7.01 through 7.11
ER: see the whole publication
2. What do I do if my document doesn’t have a date?
PM: Section 6.28. Also, look in the index under "Publication Date"
ER: page 23
3. How do I cite unpublished works, “in-press” or "preprint" articles ?
PM: Sections 7.09 (look in the index under “Unpublished work”)
ER: pages 8-9
4. How do I format a citation for an ERIC document?
PM: Section 7.03
5. How should I include a list of definitions in my dissertation?
PM: Perhaps in the Appendix....see Section 2.13